Position: Red Hat Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Contract Terms: right to hire after 90 days
Pay Rate: $40 HR/W2 (up to $78000 annually upon conversion)
Clearance Type: Current Active Secret or the ability to obtain one (US Citizens)
· Perform systems administration and provide Red Hat Linux Operation Systems (OS) support for the IBM Tivoli Environment.
· Maintain operating systems security updates on servers and test Tivoli products for Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance thru validation/testing and maintaining CCRM baseline and documentation.
· Install and sustain Tivoli servers and support other team engineers in configuration management of the Tivoli servers and products version and upgrade lifecycle for CCRM on all Tivoli ITM and Tivoli Netcool Suite products.
· Develop and maintain Tivoli technical documentation.
· Assist in the implementation, maintenance and product versioning upgrade and patch lifecycle for ITM architecture.
· Assist in producing ITM technical refresh documentation related to product versioning upgrades, patch upgrades and OS version upgrades for the ITM infrastructure.
· The candidate must be familiar with the operation and maintenance of Cisco network equipment at the Access, Distribution and Core levels.
· The candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following networking technologies: VLAN, TACACS+, VOIP, port configuration, trunking and LWAP. Knowledge of VPNs and SNMP tools is also needed.
· Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
· CISSP, or other specific IA Certification to start and or required to obtain one within 6 months of starting the position
· Red Hat Certified Technician certification.
· Working knowledge of IBM Database2 (DB2), IBM ITM Tivoli and IBM Tivoli Netcool Products (OMNIbus), Impact, Probes, and Gateways.
· Working knowledge of DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), network security technologies, procedures, and operational constructs.
· Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based business processes and interface with Information Technology (IT) management, analysts, specialists, and engineers throughout all echelons of the LandWarNet and the Joint NetOps community.
· Working knowledge of SIPRNET and NIPRNET engineering and network management.
BS degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field and/or minimum of 4 - 6 years experience in IT.